2018 Winter Classes
WINTER CLASSES BEGIN JANUARY 8th, 2018!
Huntington Academy provides affordable dance training in our DANCE HB! Ballet Program. Classes are listed in the Sands quarterly and are held at Edison and Murdy Community Centers, City Gym & Pool, and Huntington Academy of Dance.
For more information, call Huntington Academy at (714) 847-6657.
To register for Dance HB! classes online classes click here or call (714) 847-6657 for assistance.
TINY TUTU TOTS
Dance develops body awareness, coordination, and rhythm in young tots as they move and groove to the music. Parents will enjoy helping baby improve gross motor skills, plus it's so much fun to watch baby dance! Dance attire encouraged for tots. Parent participation required.
Ages 1.5-2.5 years
- Monday 9:00am-9:30am at Murdy Community Center
- Thursday 9:00am-9:30am at Huntington Academy of Dance
BABY BALLERINA & ME
Parents assist dancers in learning basic ballet positions, movements, short dances and more. Both parents and tiny dancers benefit by improving body awareness, coordination and flexibility. A great start for budding ballerinas and fun for parents, too.
Ages 2.5-4 years
- Monday 9:30am-10:15am at Murdy Community Center
- Tuesday 10:00am-10:45am at Huntington Academy of Dance
Learn ballet the fun way with friends, great music, and an enthusiastic instructor. Learn basic ballet positions, jumps, turns, and short dances using French vocabulary. Leotard, tights and ballet slippers encouraged.
Ages 3-4 years
- Monday 10:15am-11:15am at Murdy Community Center
- Tuesday 11:00am-12:00pm at Huntington Academy of Dance
- Thursday 3:00pm - 4:00pm at City Gym & Pool
- Saturday 9:00am-10:00am at Edison Community Center
Ages 4-5 years
- Monday 3:00pm-4:00pm at Murdy Community Center
- Wednesday 3:30pm-4:30pm at Edison Community Center
- Saturday 10:00am-11:00am at Edison Community Center
BALLET & TAP
This popular class teached basic positions, movements, and rhythms of ballet and tap. Parents are invited to "show day" on the last class. Dance attire and tap shoes required.
Ages 3-5 years
- Thursday 10:15am-11:15am at Murdy Community Center
JAZZ & HIP HOP
Learn the basics of jazz and hip hop dancing with high energy music and movements. Parents are invited to "show day" on the last class. Dance attire and shoes are encouraged.
Ages 3-5 years
- Thursday 11:15am-12:15pm at Murday Community Center
Hip Hop Hooray! Ho! Boys and girls will get their groove on hip hoppin' to high enercy music with funky dance moves! Hip hop introduces students to the rhythmic urban style of popping, locking, and gliding. Parents delight in our family friendly music and movements while kids have a blast and bust-a-move!
Ages 5-7 years
- Wednesday 4:30pm-5:30pm at Edison Community Center
Ages 7-12 years
- Monday 5:30pm-6:30pm at Murdy Community Center
Bring a friend and learn the basics of tap dancing in this fun class! Students will learn how to keep time and stay in beat with music. Tap dancing is a great way to improve coordination, rhythm, and athletic agility. Boys and girls love making noise with their feet! Dance attire please.
Ages 7-12 years
- Tuesday 3:30pm-4:30pm at Huntington Academy of Dance
Challenge your child to develop rhythm, strength and coordination the fun way! In ballet class, boys and girls learn positions, jumps, turns, and dances using French vocabulary. Ballet attire required.
Ages 5-7 years
- Thursday 4:00pm-5:00pm at City Gym & Pool
- Saturday 11:00am-12:00pm at Edison Community Center
Ages 6-8 years
- Monday 4:00pm-5:00pm at Murdy Community Center
Ages 8-13 years
- Tuesday 5:30pm-6:30pm at Huntington Academy of Dance
ADULT BALLET: BEGINNING
Love the grace and poise of ballet dancers? Looking to improve posture, gain strength, and increase flexibility? Join other beginners in learning a new skill while experienced dancers refine the basics. Wear comfortable clothing and bring an exercise mat or towel.
Ages 13 years +
- Monday 7:00pm-8:00pm at City Gym & Pool (Age 13 +)
- Wednesday 7:30pm-8:30pm at Huntington Academy of Dance
HIP HOP FITNESS
Looking for a way to have fun while working out? Come join this high energy fitness class! Move to Urban beats with a hip hop flavor while burning calories and strengthening your core. Grab a friend, get ready to move and forget you're working out!
- Monday 6:30pm-7:30pm at Murdy Community Center
BALLET & BALLET STRETCH FOR ADULTS
Please join us in learning and practicing graceful movements of Ballet. An opportunity to improve fitness through fun, working on flexibility, coordination, strength, balance, endurance and healthy attractive posture. No experience necessary.
Ages 50 years +
- Monday 12:00pm-1:00pm at Huntington Academy of Dance